RSS Feed Home Page
Products: RasterVect Able Video Converter Rec&ts2mpg converter Animated Captures Maker Able MPEG2 Editor Able Postscript Converter
RasterVect Software has released RasterVect, the professional raster to vector conversion program (vectorizer).
The purpose of RasterVect is to quickly convert uneditable scanned paper drawings into accurate vector files for editing (as a CAD drawing) in any CAD program. It saves the converted file as one of these vector formats: DXF, WMF, EMF, EPS or AI. Once converted, they can be read by any CAD program that supports these formats, including AutoCAD, Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, Microstation, VectorWorks, TrueCAD, FastCAD and many others.
It's a direct replacement for traditional tracing and digitizing. It saves a lot of time. It is quicker than tracing with a digitizer.
Why do you need RasterVect?
You will probably be able to load a raster file (like BMP, TIFF, PCX -file) into your CAD program - nowadays most CAD programs can import and display raster files. However, once you have imported a raster file into your CAD program you will find that all you can do is look at it or trace over it. You cannot change or edit it.
This is because CAD programs can only work with vector files. If you want to edit a raster file in your CAD program you must first convert it to a vector file. You do this using raster to vector conversion software.
Once you have converted the raster file to vector you will be able to import it into your CAD program and edit it just like any other drawing you have created using your CAD program.
The list below summarises the process of converting a paper drawing to a CAD drawing using a raster to vector converter:
1. Create a raster file by scanning the paper drawing into RasterVect using a scanner.
2. Use RasterVect to convert the raster file into a vector file.
3. Import the vector file into your CAD program.
4. Edit the drawing in your CAD program.
RasterVect saves many hours of tedious work.
Who uses our program?
1. Today, small format scanners are increasingly common on the desktops of CAD users, and a growing number of CAD professionals need the ability to easily scan and convert drawings for editing in their CAD programs. RasterVect now makes it possible for them to convert mechanical, electrical or architectural drawings done by hand into drawings that they can edit in their CAD programs and save to a disk.
2. People who receive many small, faxed drawings that in the past had to be digitized into AutoCAD (a far slower method) can save precious time using RasterVect.
3. Those who carry a large number of drawings in bitmap format which are limited mainly to viewing and printing, but for whom the facility to convert this data to raster format on demand would prove invaluable to them and their technical staffs.
4. Anyone needing to easily convert photos or artwork into usable files for engraving, cutting, or almost any CNC application.
Will it work for you?
The best way to find out whether RasterVect will work for you is to try it using one of your own scanned drawings and the free RasterVect trial version.
Once you can see the conversion results for yourself you will be able to answer the question - "Is it quicker to edit a converted drawing in my CAD program or will I be better off redrawing the whole thing from scratch?"
If you are using RasterVect it will usually be quicker to use this vectorizer and edit the results than to digitize, trace or redraw a whole drawing from scratch. However there will be times when the original quality of the scanned drawing makes vectorization and subsequent editing a practical impossiblity. This is true for all raster to vector conversion programs, none of which perform magic.
Automatic vectorizing is not perfect. It does, however, provide a way of getting a paper drawings into your CAD program for quick and easy editing. It may not give you excellent results every time. But when it does it is a very useful tool to have on your computer.
RasterVect : In the news
Version 19.5 of RasterVect has been released! This is an indispensable tool for those who work with scanned drawings. With this program you can transform raster drawings into vector format.
New versions of our program appear every month approximately. ...History log...
Registered users receive new versions free-of-charge.
New in the latest version:
- Mask operations have been modified.
RasterVect Free Edition has been released! It is a lite version of RasterVect, it contains one recognition method (the full version has four methods). Free Edition doesn't contain any spyware or adware.
Home Description Video tutorial Download Purchase
Able Fax Tif View : Purpose
Able Fax Tif View is a program that enables you to easily view, acquire, edit, print and convert graphic files. The program works with FAX, TIF (TIFF), PDF, DCX, EPS, PS, AI, DICOM, JBIG, GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, PDF, PCX, PS, WBMP, GIF, DIB, RLE, TGA formats.
- Multi-page image manipulations;
- Twain support for scanners and digital cameras;
- Batch processing;
- Printing (including virtual TIFF printer);
- Annotations reading and writing;
- Image edit processing.
Able Fax Tif View : In the news
Version 3.5 of Able Fax Tif View has been released!
Home Description Download Purchase
© 1997-2013 RasterVect
RasterVect, RasterVect Software are either registered trademarks or trademarks of RasterVect Software in the USA and other countries.