Products: RasterVect RasterVect Free Edition Able Video Converter Rec&ts2mpg converter Animated Captures Maker Able MPEG2 Editor
SCANNED PAPER DRAWING INTO YOUR CAD-PROGRAM
RasterVect is a useful program for
those who work with scanned drawings. With this program you can transform raster
drawings into vector format. Raster drawing can be imported by scanning original
paper drawings. The target vector formats (DXF, WMF, EMF, EPS and AI) are
supported by most CAD applications that use vector graphics, such as AutoCAD,
Corel Draw and many others.
RasterVect has four recognition methods:
- Solids: Easy method (it works without any limits in trial version). Raster pixels transform to solid vector primitives without compound actions. This method can be used when required to open raster image in vector editor without complex editing. The vector image in this method has the largest file size in comparison with other methods.
- Outlines: A vectorization method that generates lines and/or bezier curves along the borders of connected pixels. It is typically used for vectorizing scanned land-use and vegetation maps.
- Filled outlines: the same as previous method but outlines are filled. Clip art, animation, colored picture and so on.
- Centerlines: A vectorization method that generates lines and/or arcs along the center of connected pixels. This method also can recognize solids and text. It is typically used for electrical, architectural and mechanical drawings, survey maps.
RasterVect also has: TWAIN support for importing from any scanners; the ability to maintain the scale of the initial paper drawing; various raster filters and effects; various manual and automatic vector editing features; OCR functions. There are viewing tools like zooming, scrolling and color selection.
The list below summarizes the process of transformation of a paper drawing to a CAD drawing using the RasterVect:
- Create a raster file by scanning the paper drawing into RasterVect using a scanner.
- Use RasterVect's filters and other raster features for improving of the image.
- Use RasterVect to convert the raster file into a vector DXF file.
- Use RasterVect's vector filters and other commands for vector image improving.
- Import the DXF file into your CAD program and edit the drawing as you need.
Designed to work on all Windows platforms, vectorizer RasterVect saves a lot of time. It's a replacement for traditional tracing and digitizing. It does provide a way to getting a paper drawings into your CAD program for quick and easy editing.
RasterVect : Video tutorial
Tutorial has 8 videoclips in swf (Macromedia Flash) format. Each clip has 1-1.5 MB size.
|Vectorization process||Batch mode||Recognition wizard||Customization|
|Raster tools||Vector tools||Mask tools||Object tools|
RasterVect : Step by step
|1. Open RasterVect.||2. Click the "Load raster" button.|
3. Choose a raster file for opening.
4. Loaded raster file.
5. Click the "Options" button.
6. Select recognition method.
7. Select recognition options.
8. Click the "Recognition" button.
9. End of recognition.
10. Click the "save vector" button.
11. Choose a name of DXF file.
12. Open DXF file in AutoCAD.
RasterVect : Features
- Four various conversion methods (outline, centerline etc).
- Color and black-and-white images vectorization.
- Orthogonal lines, inclined lines, polygons, arcs and circles recognition .
- ORTHO and SNAP modes.
- Keeping of the initial drawing scale (in english or metric measurement units).
- Batch Mode.
- Recognition Wizard.
- Windows interface and command line interface.
- OCR module (text recognition).
- JPEG (RGB, GrayScale, YCbCr, CMYK, YCbCrK) loading and saving.
- JPEG2000: JP2, J2K and JPC code stream formats (JPEG-2000 Part-1 standard, ISO/IEC 15444-1) loading and saving.
- TIFF (rev.6.0, Packbits, CCITT G.3 and G.4) with RGB, CMYK, B/W, CIELab color spaces loading and saving. Also FAX (CCITT3) format supported for loading.
- PNG with various compression levels loading and saving.
- Compressed and uncompressed BMP in 2,16,256 or 16M colors loading and saving.
- Compressed and uncompressed PCX in 2,16,256 or 16M colors loading and saving.
- DIB, RLE, TGA (TARGA, VDA, ICB, VST, PIX) loading and saving.
- Portable Bitmap PBM, PGM and PPM loading and saving.
- WBMP (Wireless Bitmap) uncompressed and black/white loading and saving.
- GIF in 2,4,8,16,32,64,128 or 256 colors loading and saving.
- EPS, WMF, EMF (input as raster).
- ICO and CUR loading.
- PDF, PS.
- RAW Camera formats (CRW, CR2, NEF, RAW, PEF, RAF, X3F, BAY, ORF, SRF, MRW, DCR) loading.
- DCX (multipage PCX), multipage TIF, animated GIF and AVI loading and saving.
- Own combined (raster+vector) file format RVS loading and saving.
- Saving/loading of specific file format parameters and saving/loading of preview dialogs (e.g. you can set quality of a Jpeg and view immediately the quality loss).
- Progress monitoring with saving and loading.
- Image properties getting without loading it.
- Image acquisition from TWAIN scanners with full control of the scanner capabilities.
- Image acquisition from WIA scanners and cameras with full control of the scanner (or camera) capabilities.
- Screen capture by various methods (all desktop, rectangle selection, object and active window).
- Video capture from various video sources.
- DXF (AutoCAD Drawing Interchange Format - various versions).
- EPS (Encapsulated PostScript).
- AI (Adobe Illustrator format).
- WMF (Windows Metafile).
- EMF (Enhanced Metafile).
Image processing and analysis:
- Decreasing and increasing of raster lines thickness.
- Image and paper resizing.
- Image rotation any angle by various methods.
- Image deskew by various methods.
- Horizontal and vertical flip.
- Image invert conversion.
- Selected region cropping.
- Conversion to gray scale and negative.
- Conversions of true color to black/white images with ordered or threshold dithering and with Floyd-Steinberg algorithm.
- Color to other color replacing .
- Median cut and Neural network color quantizers, for fast and accurate color reduction.
- Reduction to any number of colors (with colormap output).
- HSV and RGB channels separations.
- Color equalization.
- Regulation of contrast, HSL, HSV/ HSB and RGB components.
- Copying, cut and paste into a new or existing window of all or part of the image.
- Application effects to the selected zones (also irregular).
- Raster filters: median, smoothing, average, despeckle and so on.
- Holes removing.
- Application of 3x3 filters.
- Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT) with preview.
- Maximum (dilation), Minimum (erosion), Opening and Closing filters with preview.
- Picture filters (wallis, soften, sharpen, color emboss, gaussian blur, morph, antialias, remove red eyes, auto equalize and user filters).
- Contour filters (edge detect, find edges and trace).
- 50+ various art, distortion and noise raster effects.
- Preview of all the effects in a single dialog, with 8 preset filters and save/load filters from file.
- Progress monitoring for image processing tasks.
- Multilevel Undo/Redo for raster editing.
- Macro commands (in batch process also).
- Color contour of a selected region (polygonal, irregular, circular and rectangular).
- Magic wand selection (inclusive, exclusive and global).
- Multiple selections (normal, additive and subtractive modes).
- Invert conversion and expansion selected region.
- Multi polygonal regions.
Raster paint operations:
- Various paint tools (sketch, line, ellipse, curve, rectangle, round rectangle, flood fill, spray, eraser and eyedropper).
- Various pen styles (solid, clear, dash, dot, dashdot and dashdotdot).
- Various brush styles (solid, clear, cross, diagonal cross, b-diagonal, f-diagonal, vertical and horizontal).
- Choice of pen and brush colors.
Raster objects operations:
- Create object from mask selection.
- Operation with Clipboard (cut, copy and paste objects).
- Combination objects with background.
- Deselection and deleting of objects.
- Horizontal and vertical flip.
- Objects rotation any angle.
- Objects move and copying.
- Undo for objects editing.
Vectorial objects handling:
- Move, copying (including array), turning, mirroring, erasing and scaling of single or multiple vectorial objects.
- Creation and editing of lines, rectangles, circles, arcs, polylines, polygons and text.
- Polylines exploding.
- AutoCAD style grips for quick and easy vectors editing.
- Ortho, Snap and Object Snap modes.
- Automatic Object Snap and Bring to Snap possibilities.
- Measuring vector tools (distance, list).
- Multiple undo and redo for vector editing.
- Support for multiple layers with separated transparency.
- Select from 37 layer operations (blend modes).
- Moveable and resizeable layers.
- Magnify layers (rectangle or like a lens/glass).
- Three mode of rendering: Raster, Vector and combined (Vector above Raster).
- Real time Zoom-in and Zoom-out (by percentage, zoom in rectangular area or by one mouse click). Zoom-previous is also available.
- Real time Pan (click and drag the image with mouse).
- Scrollbar in two dimensions for the fast exploration of the image.
- Printing (and print preview) functions to print single images specifing page alignment or absolute position.
RasterVect : Supported Platforms
Windows 95 / 98 / NT4 / 2000 / ME / XP / Vista / Windows 7
RasterVect : Minimum
Pentium-100. 32 MB RAM
RasterVect : Subscribe
We are working at the moment on other graphic tools. If you think you would be interested in such programs and future releases of RasterVect, please subscribe to our mailing lists on these products and we'll let you know when they are released. All details are here.
Home Download Purchase
© 1997-2017 RasterVect
RasterVect, RasterVect Software are either registered trademarks or trademarks of RasterVect Software in the USA and other countries.